Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mario Theme played on Stepper Motors with an Arduino

Now that I've figured out how to store song information in flash memory on the Arduino, I can actually play full songs. This is a little suite of Mario Brothers themes that I put together. Enjoy! The sound you're hearing is coming entirely from the motors. The song information is taken from a MIDI file that I composed. An Arduino provides the necessary commands to spin the motors at the required frequencies. Note: See my earlier video at www.youtube.com Motor #2 buzzed a bit on the table this time. I'm going to find a better way to hold the motors still while still allowing them to vibrate. --------------------------------- Answers to common questions: Q: Will you give me the computer code you used? A: Apparently I will because everyone seems to think I'm asshole for not wanting to. Ask for the code and I'll be happy to email you a copy. Q: Where are the other videos? A: Sorry. I am quite busy with my PhD work and don't have an enormous amount of free time. I promise to get around to these videos in the next few months (by the end of the Summer at the latest). Q: What hardware did you use? A: The stepper motors are bipolar NEMA 17 motors. The microcontroller is the Arduino Deumilanove. The power supply is 24 V, 4 amp. I am also using a 3-axis stepper motor driver board manufactured by Xylotex (xylotex.com). I actually don't recommend the Xylotex board anymore. Instead, try the drivers available at Probotix.com.

Save Home Audio Stereo The Cheapest Updates Tomtom One Top 10 Fitness Clothing Women

No comments:

Post a Comment